How to forward your Gmail account to another account
September 17, 2020 | 1 min read | 0 views
If you use mail, you will be well versed with Gmail. Gmail, one of the world’s top mail services, has many features you may never have used. One such feature is to forward incoming mails to another account.
If you want mail sent to your Gmail account to be automatically sent to another account, then we are explaining how you can forward mail from your Gmail account to another account.
- After logging into the Gmail account, click on the Settings option at the top right.
- Next go to Forwarding and POP / IMAP.
- After clicking on the forwarding option, go to ‘a forwarding address’ and type in the mail ID to which you want to forward the mail.
- Tap on Next and proceed to the next step.
- On doing so, a verification mail will be sent to your mail id. You have to click on that verification mail.
- Now return to the Gmail account settings page and refresh the page.
- Finally click on Forward a copy of the incoming mail, then choose Save Changes. In this way, mail will be sent to another account on your Gmail account.
If you want to turn off this feature, go to the forwarding section after step 2 and click on the Disable option and change the save. In this way the service will stop. If you want to forward a particular type of mail, you must create a filter. After creating the filter, enter the mail address you want to forward the mail to. Remember, it is necessary that the forwarding feature is pre-activated on your Gmail account.
Important things …
- This feature can only be turned on or off on the desktop.
- Mail that arrives in Gmail’s spam folder will not be forwarded.